Harmonising social media strategy across channels
The insights generated by this programme are widely used by the Sony marketing community for marketing planning purposes. This includes both major advertising campaigns and global trade shows. But we also use the insight for tactical activities and guerrilla marketing activations against key competitors. An important element has been the flexibility of the program, while continuing to offer a consistent global picture.Sandeep Raithatha Head of Marketing Strategy & Insights at Sony Mobile
Case Study Highlights
- Analysed global social media performance across paid, earned, and owned social
- Provided in-depth competitor analysis across multiple channels
- Developed success benchmarks for retail partner performance
Sony Mobile tasked us with providing a global picture of the media landscape for the company, its competitors, and the wider sector. This spanned paid media analysis to provide much-needed visibility on competitor comms, integrated with owned channels. A significant part of the brief also related to earned media analysis of consumer sentiment and conversation, evaluating how
well Sony and its competitors – principally Apple and Samsung – were getting their messages across.
The brief also included elements of compliance measurement, through monitoring partner media spend and point-of-sale displays, to ensure that Sony was receiving sufficient support from its
network and retail partners.
- 1. Delivered integrated global media analysis of paid, earned, owned social media
- 2. Created in-depth reporting of markets and sectors (phones, tablets, wearables)
- 3. Accelerated culture and adoption of data-driven insights with real-time validity
- 4. Won gold AMEC award for best use of social media measurement
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.