Optimising social media investment
Before we assessed the impact of social, we found it hard to make a solid business case – to the company or our franchisees – about how we were performing and what we should do as a result. By understanding what topics, issues, and types of content drive conversation and engagement, we’ve been able to fine-tune our content and engagement strategies.Sacha Clark Country Marketing Director at Subway UK & Ireland
Case Study Highlights
- Reviewed all social media activity for Subway vs competitors
- Identified levers of fan growth in quick service restaurant sector
- Demonstrated link between paid ads and earned social
Subway UK & Ireland needed to understand how effective its social media activity was. The marketing leadership team wanted to give the board a rationale for what they should invest in which channels, based on actual impact of social media. And as Subway is a franchised operation, the team also needed to address franchisee questions about what central marketing delivered through social.
- 1. Generated higher volume of proactive and engaging social media content
- 2. Fine-tuned content strategies most relevant for each social media platform
- 3. Achieved best-in-class customer engagement compared with competitors
- 4. Set up dedicated customer service Twitter, based on travel/retail model
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.