Establishing the impact and true return of advertising
CEOs and CFOs know brands are important, supporting short- and long-term sales and margins. They understand brands are built on customers’ end-to-end experience of, and word-of-mouth recommendations about, buying and consuming products, reinforced by advertising. This report is a great first step towards maximising the net present value of advertising investment.Patrick Barwise Emeritus Professor of Management & Marketing at London Business School
Case Study Highlights
- Analysed thousands of econometric studies to assess true impact of TV advertising
- Connected investment decisions with business outcomes and KPIs
- Compared performance of TV with other channels, in key vertical markets
Thinkbox represents the interests of the UK commercial TV industry and is dedicated to proving marketing effectiveness. Through a sustained series of research reports over several years, Thinkbox has sought to help the media and marketing communities reappraise and realise the true value and impact of TV advertising, in the context of other media channels. As digital spend has grown so strongly – and in some categories come to dominate during the past decade – Thinkbox wanted to understand the relationship between media investment and business performance.
- 1. Demonstrated most brands would increase ROI with enhanced TV spend
- 2. Identified right-sizing opportunity to grow profitability in UK economy by up to £450m
- 3. Found consistent over-investment in digital display and out-of-home advertising
- 4. Showed that TV has both short-term and long-term impact on business performance
Download Case Study
Get the full PDF which includes our approach and outcomes.