Driving the programmatic disclosure you desire: An 8-point checklist
by Ebiquity Marketing
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Last month, the WFA held a Workshop on Programmatic Proficiency in Singapore. The session looked at how brands can not only increase and refine their levels of programmatic maturity but also understand the evolution of programmatic solutions for their marketing needs.
Muhammad Abdullah, Ebiquity's Regional Head of Digital (SEA), recaps the discussion which debunked the notion that direct relationships with digital partners automatically delivers the disclosure that brands desire, and goes on to share Ebiquity’s 8-point checklist that brands can use to determine if their programmatic practices are truly transparent.
An 8-point checklist for programmatic transparency:
1. Optimised media spends
• Do I know the actual amount of spend that goes into actual working media?
• Are the channels/tactics used driving the ROI?
2. Data Ownership
• Where does my campaign data sit?
• Is my data transferable to any party/vendor that I choose work with?
3. Data Protection
• Who is working on my account and has access to my data?
• Are teams working on conflicting business firewalled?
4. Brand Safety
• Do I know if my campaign appears on any brand unsafe sites?
• Has my whitelist/blacklist been implemented by the agency?
5. Value (Cost & Quality)
• Is there a trade-off / trade-up on programmatic activity vs direct buys?
6. Drive Performance
• Are my end-goals set according to the right objectives?
• Is there a commitment to an approach that continuously seeks to drive better value?
7. Visibility & Delivery
• Am I allowed access to my accounts?
• Does my contract allow for internal & external audits?
8. Campaign Learning
• Does my post analysis show valid learning?
• (TA/creative/placement) Does the learning get applied to my brief?
To find out more, read the full article on the WFA website here.