Surviving the Cookie Apocalypse
Guide March 2021
Digital Media Performance: Surviving the Cookie Apocalypse
Download your complimentary copy of the guide here.
Tangible advice for brands to help prepare them for a cookie-free marketplace
Avoid the cookie apocalypse through enhanced compliance auditing
Cookies crumbling, how concerned should digital marketers be?
Stay competitive with best-in-class data, action, and insights to help you lead confidently a cookie-free marketplace.
As Google prepares to turn off third-party cookies on Chrome by the start of 2022, it’s important that advertisers take an active role in considering and deciding how they plan to replace the gap left by the death of the cookie.
The demise of the third-party cookie means that brands will no longer be able to create digital advertising campaigns which have reliable audience reach metrics. Nor will they be able to cap exposure of ads for frequency as cookies had, until now, enabled them to do. Some are calling the imminent shake-up ‘the cookie apocalypse’.
How brands can get ready for 2022
Key Insights: Infographic
This infographic provides marketing leaders with key findings from our Cookieless guide.
Key Insights: 4 consequences
• Reach and frequency compromised
• Weaker targeting and retargeting
• A fundamental question of attribution
• Increased dominance for the walled gardens
Key Insights: 5 ways to prepare
• Understanding the data
• Review your tech stack, processes, and teams
• Make better use of context to target consumers
• Investigate the opportunity of media consortia and universal ids
• Set more meaningful measures of success
This Digital Media Performance guide will uncover the answers to:
• Top-line reasons on why third-party cookies will soon be a footnote on the history of digital marketing
• What are the consequences of a cookie-free world
• A breakdown of actions brands can do to get ready for 2022
• How to avoid the demise of the third-party cookie through enhanced compliance auditing
Explore our Digital Performance series of guides - of particular interest for advertisers planning for a post-cookie digital marketing ecosystem.
Digital Media Performance: The Power of Context
How to optimise value from programmatic media buying